Figgy nut cake with lemon syrup
An excellent dessert or afternoon treat.
|¾ cup||Chopped walnuts, preferably NZ grown|
|1 cup||Dried figs, finely chopped|
|1¾ cups||Self raising flour|
|1 large||Lemon, finely grated rind|
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a 21cm round cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Combine the walnuts and figs in a bowl together with the flour.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light. Add the lemon rind, eggs and milk. Add the flour mixture and mix well. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- To prepare the syrup, heat all the ingredients together until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the hot cake. Remove the cake from the pan when cold.
More nut based reipes from Jan