Terrific taco burgers
( MAKES 6 )
These will be popular with the kids and they can easily make their own. See two young cooks, Alice and Emma, cooking them step-by-step on my website.
|500 g||Lean beef, minced|
|2 Tbsp||Taco seasoning mix, use up to 3 Tbsp|
|½||Red capsicum, seeded and chopped|
|1 small||Onion, chopped|
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the mince, taco seasoning, capsicum and onion in a food processor. Cover and whizz until well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a bowl. Divide into 6 equal portions. Roll each into a ball between your hands.
- Pat into a round about 7cm in diameter and 1.5cm thick.
- Pan-fry in a lightly oiled non-stick frying pan or grill for about 3-4 minutes each side, until cooked.
- Meanwhile, stand the taco shells on an oven tray and heat for about 3 minutes at 180C. Remove to a wooden board.
- Fill each taco shell with shredded lettuce, cheese, a burger, tomato and avocado. Top with sour cream and coriander plus sauce, if using.
More school holiday recipes from Jan