Halloumi bake with tomato and chorizo
Food Snob suggests
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Red onion, diced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|2||Chorizo sausages, sliced|
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|1 tsp||Cumin seeds|
|½ tsp||Chilli flakes|
|4||Tomatoes, vine ripened and diced; or 1 can whole peeled tomatoes|
|2 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|200 g||Food Snob Cypriot Halloumi|
|1 serving||Fresh basil|
|1 pinch||Cracked black pepper|
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees. In a heavy cast iron pan or similar, heat the oil then add the onion, zucchini, garlic, chorizo and spices and sauté for 4-5 minutes until tender and fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato paste and simmer for 5 minutes until saucy.
- Cut the halloumi into generous slices and lay over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Garnish with fresh basil and cracked pepper.
More halloumi based recipes from Food Snob