Dorho curry with chicken and egg
( SERVES 8 )
|2 cans||Tomatoes, 400g each, pureed|
|2 cloves||Garlic, finely chopped|
|3 tsp||Fresh ginger, finely chopped|
|3||Onions, medium, finely chopped|
|1 Tbsp||Tomato paste|
|2 Tbsp||Lemon juice|
|1 Tbsp||Chilli paste|
|2 tsp||Ground cardamom|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper, to season|
|8||Eggs, boiled and peeled|
- Sprinkle the chicken with lemon juice and salt. Leave for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions over a medium heat until soft and beginning to colour.
- Add the chilli paste and cook for five minutes. Add the tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, ginger and cardamom and water.
- Stir well, then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Season and add the whole eggs five minutes before serving.