Mushroom and rocket risotto
- Bring the vegetable stock to the boil.
- Heat oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add onion and fry gently without colouring for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and turn up heat, stirring constantly for 1 minute. Add wine and reduce until evaporated.
- Add stock to cover rice by 2cm, turn down heat to a gentle simmer. Do not stir the rice. Shake the pan from time to time to check the rice is not sticking. Add more stock if necessary so the rice is just covered in liquid. Cook for 12 minutes or until the rice is firm to the bite when tested.
- While rice is cooking heat a large frying pan until very hot then add oil and mushrooms. Fry until caramelised and golden, season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushroom to cooked rice and gently fold in butter and rocket. Check seasoning, then serve on hot plates.