Chickpea and kale stuffed kumara
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
One of my favourite vegetables is kumara. You can bake, roast or mash them, or throw them into a frittata or soup. They add a glorious natural sweetness to any meal. Here, stuffed with chickpeas and with a drizzle of tahini dressing, they make a perfect accompaniment or are great on their own. They are delicious cold, too.
|2 large||Golden kumara|
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|½ cup||Kale, shredded|
|½ cup||Spinach, shredded|
|1 Tbsp||Lemon zest, and juice|
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut kumara in half lengthways and place on tray, cut side up. Rub with oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until soft when pricked with a knife. Scoop out the inside of each half without cutting the skin.
- Place kumara flesh, kale, spinach, chickpeas, lemon zest and juice in a bowl. Combine well. Refill the kumara with the mixture. Place back into the oven to heat for 15 minutes.
- While the kumara heat, combine tahini, honey, juice and water in a small jar and shake well.
- Serve kumara drizzled with the dressing.