Photo by Babiche Martens
A great option for breakfast — or indeed any time of day - is an omelette spiced up with chorizo, chilli flakes and juicy mushrooms. Eat with fresh bread or crusty toast with lashings of salted butter.
|½||Lemon, zested and juiced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 Tbsp||Chilli, chopped|
|1||Tomato, diced small|
|¼ cup||Coriander, chopped|
Filling (enough for 2 omelettes)
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|½||Red onion, sliced|
|½||Chorizo sausage, sliced|
|2||Field mushrooms, sliced 1cm wide|
|1 pinch||Coriander leaves, to garnish|
Omelette (makes 1)
- Firstly make the guacamole. In a small bowl mash the avocado, lemon, garlic and chilli. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Then fold through the tomato and coriander. Set aside.
- Fry the red onion and chorizo for 2 minutes then add the mushrooms and cook for a further few minutes. Keep warm while you make the omelette.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- To make each omelette, heat the butter in a small frying pan until frothy. Tip in the eggs, drawing them to the centre as they start to set for even cooking.
- Place half the filling on to one side of the omelette along with some diced avocado then flip the other side of the omelette on top.
- Serve straight on to a plate with a dollop of guacamole. Garnish with a few coriander leaves.
More man-friendly recipes from Angela