Breakfast bagel with rocket mayo
( MAKES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Black pudding fills the heart of this bagel alongside haloumi and a fried egg to make it a real protein hit. Spread the rocket mayonnaise liberally for an extra layer of flavour.
- Place the rocket into a large bowl and pour over boiling water, let it sit for 1 minute then drain and run under cold water to cool. Squeeze out any excess water.
- Place the rocket into a kitchen blender with the mayonnaise, zest and juice. Whizz until well combined. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the black pudding for 2 minutes each side, then fry the bacon, followed by the haloumi. Keep warm.
- Toast bagels and fry eggs to your liking.
- To build your bagel, spread with mayonnaise, top with bacon, haloumi, black pudding, an egg, rocket leaves and more mayonnaise on the lid.
- Enjoy while hot.