Swiss apple tart
( SERVES 8 )
This recipe comes from the New Zealand Anchor Food Professionals team, competing at the 2016 Culinary Olympics in Germany. The team took some time out to create a set of recipes that showcase some of New Zealand’s world renowned brands. This Swiss apple tart, using Mainland dairy products, makes a nice dessert.
- Soak the sultanas or raisins in the sherry or dessert wine for at least 1 hour until they soften.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Using an electric mixer beat the butter and caster sugar until light and creamy. Add the lemon zest.
- With the mixer on low speed, beat in the eggs, one at a time. Add the cream cheese and beat until smooth, then add the sour cream and continue beating until smooth. Lastly, add the flour and cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Place the soaked sultanas or raisins in the base ofthe pre-baked pastry case. Peel, core and slice the apples and arrange in the pastry case. Pour in the creamed mixture.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 30 minutes until the creamed mixture is set and a lovely golden colour.
- Serve warm with soft whipped cream or ice cream.