Photo by Tam West
This recipes comes from Auckland turkish restaurant, Lokanta. Ray McVinnie meets the hospitality veterans behind the restaurant here.
- Heat oven to 190C. Lay the fish in an oiled roasting dish.
- Layer the onions, green peppers, garlic, lemons, parsley and dill, tomatoes and black olives over the fish (in that order), sprinkling with salt and fresh black pepper as you go.
- Pour over the oil and wine, cover with foil, bring up to heat on stove top then place in the oven for 15 minutes. Uncover and cook for another 10 minutes, keeping an eye on it — the vegetables should be starting to caramelise, but not burn.
More Turkish recipes from Lokanta restaurant
- Almond and coconut baklava with orange syrup
- Tava mussels with skordalia (greek almond and garlic dipping sauce)
- Minotaur beef