The best bolognese lasagne
( MAKES 6 )
This lasagne will become a family favourite, very quickly!
1. Heat oil in a saucepan over high heat. Add mince and cook for 5 minutes or until browned.
2. Reduce heat to medium and add Leggo’s Pizza Sauce, Leggo’s Pasta Sauce and water. Season to taste. Cook uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Meanwhile, combine ricotta, parsley, egg, ½ cup mozzarella and parmesan cheese in a large bowl.
4. Place a small amount of sauce in the base of a deep 28cm x 20cm lasagne dish and cover with a single layer of lasagne sheets. Top with ½ the meat sauce, 1/3 cup mozzarella, a layer of lasagne sheets, the ricotta mixture and remaining lasagne sheets. Finish with remaining meat sauce and sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbling and golden. Stand for 10 minutes before serving.
TIP: Pour water in bolognese jar and swirl before adding to meat sauce to ensure you use all the sauce!
For more mouth-watering Italian dishes (recipes and videos) from Leggo's check out the new Leggo's at home section.