( MAKES 1 )
A classic Leggo's recipe for Margherita pizza
1. Combine yeast, warm water and sugar in a small bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to stand in a warm place for 10 minutes or until small bubbles appear on the surface.
2. In a large bowl, combine sifted plain flour and salt. Pour in oil and yeast mixture and stir until a dough has formed. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for approximately 5 minutes or until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Place dough in a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 40 minutes or until dough is doubled in size.
4. Knead the dough again and roll out to line a 30cm oiled pizza tray.
5. Spread Leggo’s Pizza Sauce evenly over dough. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and top with tomato slices. Bake in a preheated oven at 220°C for 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Serve topped with basil and cracked black pepper.
TIP: Fresh mozzarella or buffalo mozzarella slices give a ‘gourmet’ touch to a pizza.
For more mouth-watering Italian dishes (recipes and videos) from Leggo's check out the new Leggo's at home section.