Mainice (from the Cook Islands)
Which pacifica dish of yours is the most popular? Often we get rung up and asked to make up a platter of Mainice especially if they are having a birthday or wedding.
- Peel potato and dice into cubes.
- Put into a pot and cover with cold water - bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, strain into a bowl and stand to cool.
- Cook mixed vegetables in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place all the ingredients together and fold in the dressing - season with salt and pepper.
- Place egg yolks in a mixer, beat the yolks to combine.
- Add oil slowly while beating continuously until the dressing is thick.
- Season with salt and pepper and add vinegar.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before use.