On cranberry pond loaf
Based on a recipe — courtesy of Jeannine La Bossiere — I enjoyed at the Cranberry Bog Festival in Massachusetts a few years back.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly oil a 21cm x 10cm loaf pan.
- Beat the maple syrup, oil and egg, until well mixed.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and spices into a bowl. Add to the oil mixture and mix briefly. Add the apple sauce, craisins and nuts and mix until just combined.
- Pour into the loaf pan. Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to a wire rack. Wrap in foil and store for a day before slicing.
- Can be drizzled with icing and scattered with extra craisins.