Photo by Annabel Langbein Media
- Heat 2 Tbsp of the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook over a gentle heat until softened but not browned (about 8 minutes). In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the salt and pepper.
- Cut cooled potatoes into ½ cm-thin slices and stir into the egg with the onions and parsley, making sure all the potato slices are separated and coated with egg.
- Heat remaining oil in the frying pan used for onions. Add egg mixture.
- As the base begins to cook, use a spatula to lift it in several places, allowing raw egg to run underneath.
- Once it starts to set, leave it to cook over a very low heat until just set through (about 12 minutes). Don't be tempted to turn up the heat. Place under a preheated grill until the top is set and golden (about 5-6 minutes), or run a knife around the edge to loosen, flip on to a plate then slide back into the pan to cook through.
- Test by gently pressing the centre — if it bounces back it is done. Cool for five minutes before turning out on to a plate (if necessary, run a knife around the edge to loosen first). Eat hot or at room temperature.