Chicken with nut flavours
Photo by Tam West
- Heat the oven to 180C. Heat a chargrill over a high heat.
- Carefully lift the chicken skin down the length of each chicken breast and spread the meat with 1 tablespoon of nut butter. Cover nut butter with the chicken skin. Place skin-side down on the chargrill and grill until dark grill lines appear.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a roasting dish, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, drizzle with a dash of olive oil and place in the oven. Cook for 15 minutes or until cooked through. Don’t overcook chicken breasts otherwise they will be dry.
- Remove from the oven and cover to keep warm while you stir-fry the vegetables.
- Steam the sprouting broccoli (broccolini) until just tender. Heat the oils together in a large frying pan or wok over a medium-high heat and add the oyster mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Add the sprouting broccoli and stir-fry until hot, then stir through the nuts and soy sauce.
- Slice the cooked chicken breasts and serve with the stir-fried vegetables.