Saucy orange pud with cointreau
( SERVES 6 )
Best served immediately before the sauce soaks in. However, leftovers can be reheated in the microwave and they still taste great.
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|75 g||Butter, melted|
|2 Tbsp||Maple syrup|
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Butter a deep, 8-cup ovenproof dish.
- Finely grate the orange rind. Peel the orange removing all the pith. Thinly slice.
- Sift the flour into a large bowl. Stir in the caster sugar.
- Place the milk, butter, maple syrup, grated orange rind and egg in a bowl. Whisk, until combined. Add to the dry ingredients beating with a wooden spoon, until smooth.
- Spread into the prepared oven dish. Overlap the orange slices on top of the batter.
- Heat the orange juice and Cointreau in the microwave, until hot. Combine the brown sugar and cornflour and sprinkle evenly over the top of the orange slices.
- Slowly pour the hot juice over the back of a metal spoon onto the pudding.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted into the centre. Serve immediately.