Mini chocolate chip and hazelnut friands with coffee syrup
( SERVES 24 )
|⅔ cup||Icing sugar, sifted|
|¼ cup||Flour, sifted|
|½ cup||Ground hazelnuts|
|50 g||Dark chocolate, chopped|
|½ tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|90 g||Unsalted butter|
|3||Eggs, whites only|
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- To make the coffee syrup, place the coffee and sugar in a small saucepan over high heat.
- Stir to dissolve the sugar, bring to the boil and cook for 3-5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Cool.
- Place the flour, icing sugar, hazelnut meal, cinnamon and chocolate in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the centre, add the egg white and butter and stir well to combine.
- Spoon into 24 lightly greased x 40ml-capacity muffin tins and top each with a hazelnut.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Spoon over the coffee syrup to serve.