Orange and mandarin with radicchio and ricotta
Photo by Babiche Martens
Radicchio is beautiful to look at, the deep purple colour adds delight to a plate. It is slightly bitter, so balancing the flavour with some fresh sweet citrus and a honey dressing is perfect.
If you can’t find radicchio, try this salad using chicory or cos lettuce. It is a great accompaniment to a quick fried lamb loin or steak. Ricotta adds a delicious creamy texture.
|2 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Radicchio, cut into 8 wedges|
|1||Orange, peeled and sliced|
|½ cup||Basil leaves|
|250 g||Ricotta cheese|
- Place the quinoa into a pot with 2 cups of water. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until all the liquid has absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- To make the dressing, in a small jar shake together the honey, oil, mandarin zest and juice and orange zest.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the radicchio wedges and brown on each side. This is quick. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the quinoa, radicchio, orange, mandarin, basil leaves and dressing. Stir gently, so as not to break up the radicchio.
- Serve on to a platter topped with ricotta, season with salt and pepper.
More citrus recipes from Angela