Apricot and vanilla friands
( SERVES 12 )
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Place the flour, icing sugar and almond flour in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Make a well in the centre, add the egg white, butter and vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Spoon into 12 x 1/2 cup-capacity, lightly greased, rectangular tins. Top each with an apricot half and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
- Cool on a wire rack. Dust with icing sugar to serve.
* Drain the apricots well to avoid getting soggy friands.