Raw peppermint oreo
This is one of the sweet treats created by Angeleen Lewers from Petra's Raw Cakes - a range of rawtarian vegan and sustainable cakes for those who want to stick to their diet plan but still have the occasional indulgence, but without the guilt.
Raw chocolate brownie
|1½ cups||Cashew nuts|
|2 Tbsp||Agave syrup|
|1 Tbsp||Coconut oil|
|1 Tbsp||Pure vanilla extract|
|½ cup||Cocoa powder|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
- To make the brownie, process almonds and cashews in a food processor until they almost resemble flour. Add dates, agave nectar, coconut oil and vanilla. Process until well mixed and dough-like.
- Add the cocoa powder and sea salt and process again.
- Form into cookies and refrigerate until needed. You can dehydrate these for a few hours to make warm, chewy, fudge-like brownies.
- To make the icecream, blend everything together, adding coconut water as needed. You want the consistency of thick creamy yoghurt.
- Pour into an icecream maker and follow its instructions. If, like me, you don't have an icecream maker, pour into a container and put in the freezer, taking it out and stirring it every 30 minutes until you get the consistency of icecream.
- Sandwich the peppermint cream between 2 chocolate brownies, drizzle some raw chocolate sauce over the top and serve with a fresh berry medley.
- Use coconut butter instead of coconut oil.
- Use water instead of coconut water; use dried coconut meat instead of fresh coconut meat.
- Use avocado instead of cashews.
- Use 1 can coconut milk instead of the coconut meat, coconut water and coconut oil.