Swiss brown mushroom pie with tarragon cream
|½||Onion, white, diced|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|250 g||Swiss brown mushrooms|
|1 tsp||Chopped tarragon, fresh or dried|
|200 ml||Vegetable stock|
- Melt butter in a heavy frying pan, add onion and garlic, cook until softened.
- Add mushrooms and tarragon and cook until juicy.
- Add flour and cook for 1-2 minutes, add vegetable stock and simmer for 12 minutes until thick and creamy.
- Take off heat, add cream and season. Cool.
- Cut out circles of savoury pastry to fit and go up sides of muffin tins or pie dish.
- Spoon in cold mix to ⅔ fill the pastry mould.
- Cut out puff pastry to cover filling, fit over mix.
- Brush with beaten egg and bake at 175C for 20 minutes or until golden and base is cooked.
More recipes from Meadows Mushrooms