Creamed white button mushroom soup with truffle foam and bacon twist
|250 ml||Mushroom stock, available at Nosh|
|50 ml||Olive oil|
|600 g||Button mushrooms, chopped|
|1||Onion, white, diced|
|2 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 Ltr||Vegetable stock|
|1 small bunch||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, to garnish|
|1 packet||Streaky bacon, to serve|
- Make up mushroom stock with 250ml water and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add chopped mushrooms, stir for a minute, add onion, garlic, picked thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper.
- Add mushroom stock and simmer for around 15 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and simmer for a further 15 minutes. Check for seasoning.
- Blend soup in batches. Add cream and chopped parsley to finish and a little truffle foam (see below) if using.
- Serve with bacon. Twist lengths, place on baking paper-lined tray and cook in a hot oven until crispy.
- Bring milk to the boil, remove from heat, add truffle oil and powdered agar agar, then sieve and cool. Whisk on high speed until aerated.
More recipes from Meadows Mushrooms