Classic fish and chips
( SERVES 4 )
- Heat 1cm of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry the potato and rosemary, in batches, for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through.
- Drain on absorbent paper, sprinkle with salt and keep warm.
- Place the flour, baking powder, water and salt in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Dip the fish in the batter and fry for 2 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Drain on absorbent paper. Serve with the chips and lemon wedges.
TIP Firm white fish such as snapper would be good for this recipe. Ask your fishmonger to pin-bone the fillet for you.