Cashew crusted schnitzel
( SERVES 4 )
One-and-a-quarter cups of toasted cashew nuts produces about ¾ cup of finely ground nuts for this gluten-free coating.
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the schnitzels, if necessary. Cut into serving-sized pieces. Snip the edges to prevent them curling during cooking.
- Combine the egg and milk or water in a bowl. Combine the ground nuts and parmesan and spread on a flat plate.
- Dip the schnitzels in the egg mixture then in the cashews, pressing in well. Place in a single layer on a flat plate. Cover and chill for 30 minutes to set the coating.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Pan-fry the schnitzels on medium heat for about 2 minutes each side.
- Great served drizzled with lemon juice.
More beef recipes from Jan