Marinated steak and mushroom kebabs
( SERVES 4 )
Choose beef steak that is cut about 2.5cm thick. The mushrooms soften during the marinating process making them easier to thread onto skewers.
|600 g||Beef scotch fillets, alternatively use rump steak|
|12 small||Button mushrooms|
|1||Large onion, cut into 3cm squares|
|6||Vine-sweet mini peppers, halved diagonally|
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade and place in a resealable plastic bag.
- Cut the steak into 3cm cubes, add to the marinade and move it around so it is evenly covered. Disard any long stems from the mushrooms. Add to the marinade and move them around. Seal the bag. Refrigerate for at least 8 hours. This is the secret of the well-flavoured kebabs.
- Thread the steak, onion, mini peppers and mushrooms alternately onto 4 long metal skewers.
- Tip the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Grill for about 2 minutes each side on high heat basting once or twice.