Toasted baguette with pate and grape jelly
Photo by Babiche Martens
- Dice the butter then tip into a non-stick frying pan. When foaming, add the cleaned chicken livers. Saute for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Add the shallot, garlic and nutmeg. Cook for a further two minutes while stirring, then add the brandy.
- Tilt the pan and ignite the brandy to burn off the alcohol. Season, then either process in a food processor and sieve to remove any sinew or just sieve until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning then press into a container and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200C. Halve small heads of garlic and lay in a baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Serve, slice rounds of baguette and toast then top each with a spoonful of pate, a drizzle of jelly and some roasted garlic.