Deconstructed gluten-free crumble with yoghurt
( SERVES 4 )
Any leftover crumble can be stored in the refrigerator for weeks. I used The Collective Limited Edition Cinnamon 'n Raspberry Jam Doughnut Yoghurt, but this can be replaced with any plain yoghurt of your choice. Read Jan's article on winter desserts here.
|1 cup||Gluten-free flour|
|100 g||Cold butter, diced|
|½ cup||Coconut shreds|
|½ cup||Brown sugar|
|100 g||Sliced almonds|
Filling and yoghurt
- To make the crumble, preheat the oven to 180C. Lightly grease a roasting pan.
- Place the flour and butter in a food processor and mix until well crumbled. Tip into a bowl and add the coconut, brown sugar and almonds. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture in the roasting pan. Bake for about 20 minutes, until golden, stirring often. Cool and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Makes about 4 cups.
- Cook the apples, raspberries and sugar in a saucepan over low heat until softened and cooked. Cool.
- To serve, place some apple and raspberry combo in 4 tall glasses. Top with half the yoghurt and about a ¼ cup of the crumble mixture. Garnish with more yoghurt.