Simple apple tart
( SERVES 6 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
Golden delicious apples, with their soft outer skin, are perfect for tarts or baking. The fruit softens evenly and the texture is delightful when baked. For this tart, a little sweetness from the jam mixes with the texture of crunchy, toasted walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Roll pastry on a lightly floured bench to fit a 22cm tart tin. Line with baking paper and beans or rice. Bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove pastry and turn the oven down to 165C.
- Spread jam over base of warm pastry. Layer the apples in a circle, continuing until they are all used.
- Brush with melted butter and sprinkle on the sugar. Return to oven for 25 minutes until the apples are completely soft.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts and serve with vanilla icecream.
More apple recipes from Angela
- Apple amd rhubarb sponge pudding
- Tapenade stuffed pork fillet with apple sauce