Chocolate amaretti cake with blackberries and cream
- Preheat oven to 160 degC.
- Grease heart-shaped moulds if using, or an 18cm cake tin.
- Combine the chocolate, Amaretti and butter in a bowl over simmering water. When the chocolate has melted, stir well.
- Add the butter and sugar. Mix well, then add the almonds and take off the heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks and stir into mixture.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and fold through.
- Spoon into moulds or tin and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with blackberries and whipped cream.