Beef, mustard and carrot puree served with Maille® horseradish
Carrot and Maille mustard puree
1. Place the beef in the slow cooker and cover with water, bring to the boil and simmer very gently for about six hours, ensuring the meat is always covered with water. Once cooked, slice into strips and keep warm.
2. Reduce the red wine and beef stock by two thirds, until you get a thin gravy.
3. Cover the carrots with chicken stock and whipping cream in a saucepan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until soft, around 6-8 minutes.
4. Drain the warm carrots and put into a food processor. Stir in the Maille mustards to taste.
5. Thinly shred the cabbage and boil in lightly salted water for approximately 2 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly and keep hot.
6. Warm the beef through in an oven at a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until hot and place in the middle of each plate. Pour over the hot red wine sauce, a spoonful of the carrot purée, warm cabbage, and finally chopped tarragon.
7. Present with a side of Maille horseradish mustard and enjoy!
Find more delicious recipes from Maille here.