Chicken à la Moutarde
|1||Whole chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces|
|3 Tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 handful||Fresh thyme|
|160 g||Onions, whole pearl|
|160 g||Button mushrooms|
|450 ml||White wine|
|4 Tbsp||Maille Dijon Mustard|
|450 ml||Chicken stock|
|225 ml||Cream, thick|
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat Olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat and brown chicken on all sides.
- Add butter and thyme to skillet and cook chicken a few more minutes until golden brown. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Sautée onions, mushrooms, carrots and garlic in same skillet until onions are caramelised.
- Reduce heat to low, add flour and cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in wine and Maille Dijon Mustard and cook until sauce is smooth.
- Arrange chicken, sauce, and vegetables in baking dish. Pour chicken stock over ingredients until pan is about ¾ full. Cover and bake 45 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked. Stir in cream and cook an additional 5 minutes or until heated through.
While this dish is traditionally served with white rice, you could use herbed polenta