( MAKES 2 cups )
Photo by Babiche Martens
I have been churning out peanut sauce in my kitchen for years. It’s always a winner at a cocktail party, served with dainty chicken kebabs or spooned over a grilled lamb chop or steak. If you don’t have raw peanuts, replace with half a cup of crunchy peanut butter. Spice it up a little with an extra pinch of chilli if you can handle it.
- Whizz peanuts in a food processor until crushed, or crush in a mortar and pestle.
- Heat oil in a small pot. Add garlic, chilli and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Stir through the turmeric, cumin and coriander for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Tip in the crushed peanuts, coconut milk, brown sugar and soy sauce. Bring to a simmer for 5 minutes, stirring until thickened. Season with a little salt.
- Serve with your favourite kebabs or grilled meats.
- Store in a jar in the fridge, it will keep for up to two weeks.