Seared steak with broccoli and spinach
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
A good steak salad is hard to beat. Made in a matter of minutes, it is perfect for a quick dinner when you haven’t given it too much thought. All you need to do is toss your steak through green vegetables and sprinkle it with a tasty dressing. Serve with crusty bread for a quick option, or a baked potato.
|1 head||Broccoli, cut into florets|
|600 g||Scotch fillet steaks|
|1 Tbsp||Olive oil|
|2 cups||Finely shredded cabbage|
|100 g||Spinach leaves|
|1 cup||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil. Cook broccoli for 3 minutes until just cooked, but still vibrant green. Drain well.
- Rub steak with the oil and season well.
- Heat a frying pan to a high heat. Sear steak for 2 or 3 minutes each side depending on the thickness. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- In the same frying pan toss cabbage, broccoli, spinach and tomatoes briefly to warm.
- Slice steak, add to salad, pour over dressing and toss through.
More Winter recipes from Angela