Gurnard with macadamia nut burnt butter
Photo by Tam West
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and cook until it turns a nut-brown colour. Add the oregano leaves and macadamia nuts and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add 25g butter and as soon as it sizzles, place in the gurnard fillets.
- Pan-fry for 4 minutes, turning once. Place gurnard fillets on to 4 warmed plates.
- Add lemon juice to the burnt butter and while it is nice and hot, pour over the gurnard.
- Serve with a big bowl of steamed greens.