Eggplant rollatini with pesto and goat cheese
|1 cup||Basil leaves|
|1 cup||Flat leaf (Italian) parsley, chopped|
|2 Tbsp||Pine nuts|
|½ cup||Extra virgin olive oil|
|⅓ cup||Parmesan cheese, freshly grated|
- To make the pesto, put the garlic, basil, parsley, pinenuts and salt into a food processor.
- Pulse until finely chopped then drizzle in the oil.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the parmesan, add more salt if desired.
- Heat a hot plate, grill or frying pan. Thinly slice each eggplant.
- Brush each slice with a little olive oil, season, then cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, adding more olive oil if necessary, until golden brown.
- Drain in batches on paper towels.
- Place 1 tsp of pesto and 1 tsp of goat cheese on the narrow edge of each slice of eggplant then roll up, add a squeeze of lemon then eat.