Caramelised onion and olive tart
- Peel and halve the onions then thinly slice which can be done using the slicing attachment on your food processor
- Heat the oil in a large heavy saucepan. Add the onions and cook on low for about 15 minutes, until soft and golden. Add the vinegars, brown sugar and seasonings. Cook for 5 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Lightly oil a 30cm x 20cm slice pan. Line with baking paper ensuring the ends come up over the sides of the pan. The oil helps the baking paper adhere to the pan.
- Cut the pastry to fit the base of the pan. Using the point of a sharp knife, score a 1 cm boarder around the pastry. From the leftover pastry, cut 1cm strips to place on top of the scored edge.
- Spread the cooled onion over the pastry, top with the thyme, olives and anchovies. Bake for about 30 minutes until the pastry is golden. Dot with the mozzarella and allow to melt a little. Using the baking paper, lift out of the slice pan onto a serving plate.
- Great served with a crisp salad.