Pork and apple patties
|750 g||Pork mince|
|1||Red onion, chopped|
|3||Granny Smith apples, 1 grated, 2 thinly sliced|
|0.3 cup||Chives, chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|100 g||Baby spinach|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1||Fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced|
|1 tsp||Dijon mustard|
|1 Tbsp||White wine vinegar|
- Place the pork, onion, apple, gherkin, chives, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Shape 1/4-cupfuls of the mixture into patties. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Cook the patties, in batches, for 3 minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Place the spinach, extra apple and fennel in a bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the oil, vinegar and mustard in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Serve the patties with the salad and spoon over dressing to serve.
TIP To thinly slice the apple and fennel quickly and evenly, use a mandolin, available from kitchenware stores.