Easy miso chicken noodle soup
( SERVES 4 )
For the stock
|2||Organic chicken frame|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|1||Onion, peeled and roughly chopped|
|2||Celery stalks, chopped|
|5 cloves||Garlic, peeled and squashed with the flat side of a large knife|
|1 tsp||Black peppercorns|
|1 large bunch||Fresh thyme, and parsley|
For the soup
|4 cups||Chicken stock|
|¼ cup||Miso paste|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 piece||Ginger, 2-3cm, peeled and thinly sliced|
|4||Chicken thighs, free range|
|5 pieces||Kale leaves, cut into thin strips|
|2||Spring onions, thinly sliced|
|1 dash||Hot sauce, to garnish|
|1 pinch||Fresh herbs, to garnish- eg. coriander, thai basil, vietnamese mint|
- To make the sotck, place all ingredients in a large pot and cover with water. Simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Drain liquid through a sieve. Keeps in the fridge for about 4 days, or will freeze for 3-6 months.
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water until just cooked – about five minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a large pot, over medium-high heat, add the stock, water, miso, worcestor sauce and ginger. Whisk well together, ensuring the miso dissolves, and bring up to a simmer.
- Add the chicken and poach until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside. Once it’s cooled slightly, using kitchen gloves, shred the chicken into pieces. Return to the pot.
- Add the kale and allow to cook through a few minutes. Add the noodles to the soup and mix through.
- Divide into bowls and garnish with fresh herbs. Add hot sauce to your taste and enjoy.