Chilli chicken noodle salad
|500 g||Chicken mince|
|2 tsp||Lemons, finely grated zest|
|2 Tbsp||Chilli jam|
|⅔ cup||Fresh coriander, 1/4 cup chopped for the patties and 1/3 cup extra|
|2 Tbsp||Vegetable oil|
|440 g||Udon noodles, cooked|
|200 g||Green beans, trimmed and blanched|
|1 punnet||Cherry tomatoes, halved|
|2 Tbsp||Rice wine vinegar|
|⅓ cup||Mint leaves|
|1 Tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1||Red chilli, small, sliced|
- Place chicken, garlic, lemon rind, chilli jam and coriander in a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of mixture into patties.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the patties, in batches, for 2 minutes each side or until cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Place noodles, beans, tomato, extra coriander and mint in a bowl.
- Combine vinegar, sugar and chilli and stir until dissolved.
- Add to noodles and toss to combine. Divide between bowls and top with patties to serve.
TIP Chilli jam, made from dried chilli and shrimp, ginger, garlic and sugar, is available from specialty food stores and Asian grocers.