Kiwifruit and walnut upside down cake
( SERVES 10 )
I used gold kiwifruit. The butter for the cake should be at room temperature.
|25 g||Butter, melted|
|2 Tbsp||Brown sugar|
|2 Tbsp||Walnuts, Finely chopped|
|2||Kiwifruit, firm, peeled and thinly sliced|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line the base with baking paper.
- Pour the melted butter over the base. Sprinkle with the brown sugar and walnuts. Top with the kiwifruit.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add the flour, coconut and orange juice and mix until combined.
- Spoon over the kiwifruit and smooth the top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Stand on a wire rack for 10 minutes before upturning onto a serving plate.
- Great served warm or at room temperature with yoghurt or whipped cream.