Salt and pepper squid
Photo by Michael Craig
This popular bar snack is pretty simple to make at home, plus you can add as much or as little salt and pepper as you like.
|2||Squid, beak removed and cleaned|
|1 bottle||Oil, for deep frying|
- Slice the squid into strips and cut the tentacles in half. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Put the flour, pepper, paprika and salt in a container with a lid. Put the lid on and shake.
- Add the squid to the container and shake to coat thoroughly.
- In a pot heat oil to 180C. Shake the excess flour off the squid and deep fry for 45 seconds-1 minute.
- Drain the squid on paper towels.
- Mix together the ingredients for the dipping sauce and serve it with the squid.
More rugby snacks from Karena and Kasey