Rosemary beef with blue cheese dipping sauce
Photo by Michael Craig
These make a great snack to enjoy when you are watching rugby on TV. You can have these prepped and marinating before the game. When you are ready to feed everyone, they only take a matter of minutes on the barbecue or in a super-hot frying pan. Make sure to soak the skewers in water for 10 to 30 minutes to make sure they don’t burn while you are cooking the meat.
|400 g||Beef fillet, cubed|
|1 Tbsp||Sesame oil|
|1 clove||Garlic, crushed|
|2 Tbsp||Chopped rosemary, plus 6 sprigs|
|1 drizzle||Olive oil|
Blue cheese sauce
- Mix together the beef, honey, sesame oil, garlic and chopped rosemary. Set aside to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Remove the leaves on the rosemary sprigs and thread the beef on to the rosemary sticks as skewers.
- For the blue cheese sauce, heat the butter in a medium sauce pan and cook the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add all of the other sauce ingredients to the pan and heat until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a large pan on a high heat. Add the olive oil and cook the skewers for 2 minutes on each side or until just cooked through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the skewers with the blue cheese sauce.
More rugby snacks from Karena and Kasey