Anzac wafer icecream sandwiches
Photo by Tam West
You can also press the warm biscuits into muffin moulds and leave them to cool to make crispy Anzac cups. These cups make great banana splits.
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Blitz the rolled oats, flour and coconut in a food processor until smooth.
- Heat butter, brown sugar and golden syrup until melted.
- Dissolve baking soda in 1 Tbsp boiling water, then whisk into the butter mixture. Remove from heat and cool a little.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Place level tablespoons of dough on a baking tray lined with baking paper then press them out into thin circles (we used an 8cm cookie cutter to get them perfect), making sure they’re well separated. Bake for 7-10 minutes until golden. Remove and leave to cool and crisp.
- Fill wafers with icecream to make sandwiches.