Sticky coconut and feijoa muffins
( MAKES 15 )
Any extra feijoas under the tree or in the fruit bowl can easily be turned into muffins in only a few minutes. The shredded coconut topping adds a really sticky caramelised crunch, perfect for the kids’ lunchboxes or after school, while they’re helping to pick up more feijoas.
|4 tsp||Baking powder|
|75 g||Butter, melted|
|1 cup||Feijoa, approx 180g, scooped and chopped into 1cm cubes|
Sticky coconut topping
- Heat oven to 210C.
- Whisk eggs and sugar then add milk and vanilla.
- Place flour and baking powder in a bowl, make a well in the centre then add whisked eggs and melted butter. Add feijoas and mix.
- Lightly grease 15 paper muffin cups with baking spray.
- Heat all topping ingredients in a small saucepan until melted.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds full with muffin mix then top with sticky coconut topping.
- Cook for 18 minutes until golden and caramelised.
More feijoa recipes from Geoff