Cashew nut butter biscuits
( MAKES Approximately 20 )
- Beat the butter, cashew nut butter and sugar in a large bowl, until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla essence and beat well.
- Sift in the flour and salt and mix, until just combined. Wrap in plastic film and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Take heaped tablespoons of the mixture, roll into balls and place on the prepared trays.
- Dip a fork into some flour and flatten the balls, creating a criss-cross pattern. Top with the chopped nuts.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until golden.