Raw vegetable salad with yoghurt dressing
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Tam West
A mandolin is great here for slicing the red cabbage, brussels sprouts and fennel bulb. You can make up your own mix of nuts and seeds using what you have in your store cupboard. This is delicious served with grilled chicken.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients, season with salt, cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Make up a bowl of acidulated water, adding the lemon juice, for the celeriac. Peel celeriac and cut into matchsticks, placing in the acidulated water as you cut to prevent browning.
- Combine the remaining vegetables and herbs in a large bowl.
- Drain the celeriac and dry off in kitchen paper, add to the bowl of vegetables. Pour over the dressing and toss well to coat.
- Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle over the almonds and seeds. Pass the pepper grinder.
More autumn vegetable sides from Kathy