Tiramisu with passionfruit
Photo by Babiche Martens
Gloriously smooth and decadent, this passionfruit and pear tiramisu is a perfect autumn dessert. The pear is roasted in cinnamon and lemon, then served with creamy mascarpone. Make ahead of time to allow for the flavours to fully develop.
- Preheat an oven to 170C.
- On to a baking tray lined with paper, place the pears, lemon, cinnamon and sugar. Toss to combine then bake for 15 minutes until soft. Remove and cool.
- Beat the egg yolks and second quantity of sugar until light and creamy. Add the mascarpone and pulp, mixing well.
- Combine the Cointreau, lemon and water in a flat dish.
- Dip the sponge fingers into the Cointreau mix and lay into six small or one large bowl. Top with mascarpone. Continue to layer, finishing with mascarpone. Refrigerate until needed.
- Before serving top with pears, extra passionfruit and mint.