Honey chicken bake
Photo by Tam West
This is good with a plain green vegetable like steamed sweet-stem broccoli or green beans.
- Heat the oven to 200C.
- Put the honey, herbs, lemon, oil and wine into a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix again. Put everything into a large deep baking dish, with the potatoes, zucchini and olives around chicken and the chicken skin side up.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the potatoes tender and browned. Baste occasionally. If the chicken becomes too brown before it is cooked, cover everything loosely with foil.
- Remove from the oven. Sprinkle with parsley leaves. Carve the chicken and serve with the vegetables and pan juices.
More of Ray's autumn dishes
- Pappardelle with smoked fish and green beans
- Pearl barley and rice pilaf with pumpkin, almonds and feta