Bacon and egg salad with chive mayonnaise
( SERVES 4 )
|1 to drizzle||Olive oil|
|4||Vine-ripened tomatoes, halves|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|8||Bacon rashers, rind removed|
|1||Iceberg lettuce, chopped|
- To make the chive mayonnaise, place the mayonnaise, chives and lemon juice in a bowl and stir to combine. Preheat oven to 160 degC.
- Place the tomato on a baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 minutes or until soft. Cool.
- Place the bacon on a baking tray and grill under a preheated hot grill for 10-12 minutes or until crisp. Drain on absorbent paper and chop.
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water for 6 minutes.* Drain, peel and halve. Arrange on plates with the tomato, bacon and lettuce and spoon over the mayonnaise.
- * Make sure your eggs are at room temperature so the shells don't crack when they're put into boiling water.